MWF now has the facility to accept paperless Direct Debits. This is a fuss free way for you to set up your direct debit with MWF, where you can relax knowing that your membership will be renewed on time each year with no further action required from you.
There are a number of benefits to setting up your online direct debit:
Convenient online set up
Quick to set up
Gives you peace of mind
To set up your direct debit for MWF membership starting in 2017, please follow the link below:
Join us in celebrating 100 years of MWF by supporting our team of doctors and their friends who are taking part in the 2016 Royal Parks Half Marathon on 9th October 2016 to raise funds for the Medical Women’s Federation.
Each runner has pledged to raise a minimum of £250 for MWF and all money raised will be used for the creation of grants and prizes for students and junior doctors.
You can sponsor our runners here.
We were lucky enough to be joined by the wonderful Dr Dora Black at our Autumn conference this year Qualifying in medicine at the University of Birmingham she went on to train in psychiatry at the Institute of Psychiatry and Maudsley Hospital, London. Dr Dora Black specialised in child and adolescent psychiatry and worked in several child and adolescent psychiatric clinics and hospitals part-time whilst bringing up three children, before being appointed to a full-time post as consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist and head of department of child and adolescent psychiatry at the university hospital, the Royal Free Hospital in London. After retiring from the Royal Free Hospital, Dora founded the Traumatic Stress NHS Clinic, in central London for psychologically traumatized children and became its first director. Since retiring from NHS clinical practice in 1997 she went on to advise the courts of law in matters pertaining to children, acting as expert witness in cases which involve contested contact or residence, personal injury, or medical, educational and social service negligence concerning children and adolescents. Dr Dora has particular expertise in cases involving bereavement, post-traumatic stress disorder in children, and where children have witnessed or been affected by intra-familial violence, especially when one parent kills the other. Dora relinquished her licence to practice in November, 2014 and is now fully retired.
Watch the video below for a fascinating insight into her life and career.
- Jeremy Hunt Letter to MWF
- MWF Statement
- Building Resilient Leaders - Conference Review
- Dorothy Ward International Travel Fellowship - Now Open!
- Freedom of Information Request - Response
- Update: MWF Respond to Letter From Department of Health
- Department of Health's Response to MWF Letter on Junior Doctor Contract Changes
- Just one month to go until our Autumn Conference in London!
- MWF Attends Screening of Suffragette
- Medical Women's Federation Response to Proposed Changes to Junior Doctor Contracts
- Challenging the Stereotype of a Surgeon
- Coming soon... MWF International Travelling Fellowship
- Stepping Up & Speaking Out - Spring Conference Review
- Postgraduate Medical Students' Grants - Closed!
- ACCEA Clinical Excellence Awards application 2015 open!
- Join our Trustee Team on the MWF Council!
- Women's Mental Health Series - Introduction
- International Women’s Day March 8th 2015
- FGM Trial & International Day of Zero Tolerance for FGM
- The White Coat Ceremony
- New! Buy someone the gift of MWF Membership this Christmas!
- Katherine Branson Student Essay Competition - Open!
- Medical Woman Cover Competition 2015
- A Hampstead Theatre Production: Tiger Country
- Dorothy Ward International Fellowship
- Project Pipeline: Attracting, Recruiting and Supporting Women
- Healthy Doctors: Healthy Patients in review - Autumn Conference 2014
- MWIA Northern European Regional Conference, Rungstedgaard, Denmark
- Applications for Medical Woman Joint Editor - Join the team!
- Nominations for MWF Vice President - Join the team!
- Pulse Power 50 2014
- New Research into Pre and Postnatal Exercise
- Junior Doctor Prize 2014 - Now Open!
- ACCEA Clinical Excellence Awards application open!
- Dr Clarissa Fabre - Report from the World Health Assembly 2014
- Welcome Dr Sally Davies MWF President 2014-2016
- Conference Review: Diversity & Medical Careers
- MWF Role Models Report May 2014
- President's blog April 2014
- Katherine Branson Essay Prize winners 2014
- MWF Response to the first prosecution against a doctor for female genital mutilation (FGM) in Britain
- Mature Student Grant Applications 2014 - Open!
- Response to Daily Mail article: Why having so many women doctors is hurting the NHS...
- Medical Woman Cover Competition 2014
- Katherine Branson Essay Competition - Open!
- Flexible Careers Committee publishes results of 2012 Flexibility and Equality Survey
- President's Blog - November 2013
- Conference Review: Patients’ and Doctors’ Safety: Can Women Change the Culture of the NHS?
- The Shape of Training Review
- Moral Maze - Reforming Abortion Law
- Dame Fiona Caldicott - Can women change the culture of the NHS?
- MWF Members on the Pulse Power 50 list of influential GP's!
- MWIA 29th International Congress Seoul, South Korea
- Report from Clarissa Fabre, MWIA representative for the World Health Organisation
- Survey - Do you work for a Family-Friendly Deanery/NHS Employing Organisation?
- President's Blog - August 2013
- 3) On Sabbatical in New Zealand - MWF President Elect Dr Sally Davies tells us all...
- HSJ Inspirational Women List
- Musings for the Doctors of 2013…
- 2) On Sabbatical in New Zealand - MWF President Elect Dr Sally Davies tells us all...
- President's Blog - June 2013
- 1) On Sabbatical in New Zealand - MWF President Elect Dr Sally Davies tells us all...
- Work life balance and job flexibility is not gender specific
- Why are there so few female specialists in the media, and how can this be changed?
- President's Blog - May 2013
- Aspects of Pain – MWF Spring Conference 2013, Oxford
- Dr Fiona Cornish - Interview: 'Women need role models in General Practice'
- Press Release: The Department of Health Review of Regulations on Cosmetic Interventions
- President's Blog
- Welcome to the New Look MWF
- Career Breaks for NHS and University doctors: An analysis of the WAM database
- The Francis Report
- MWF Student International Women’s Day 2013 @ Bristol