The new Junior Doctor Contract will not achieve all the wishes of all of the doctors, but it reflects a considerable improvement to previous versions.
There are concerns however that the contract disadvantages those who wish to take career breaks for any reason (the obvious one being family issues) and the MWF will be working closely with the BMA and other organisations to examine, highlight and address any concerns that we find, through the appropriate channels.
Please see the attached letter to Johann Malawana from Ben Gummer MP addressing the issues of inequality in the contract here.
- Equality Watchdog Warns Junior Doctors' Contract Could be Illegal
- MWF Centenary Events - Register Your Interest
- Letter to Jeremy Hunt
- MWF Response to Equality Impact Assessment
- New Gender Pay Gap Report from the Women and Equalities Committee
- UPDATE: Response from NHS Employers
- MWF Statement on the Junior Doctor Contract
- Special RSM joining offer for MWF Members!
- MWF Now Offers Paperless Direct Debit!
- Join us in supporting MWF at the Royal Parks Half Marathon 2016!